Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Character Design @Chelsea CTE Week 12 Day 1 - Pitch draft for review

 Here is my finished Character/Model sheet:


I hit the specs and added some florish - 1 fully rendered character, 3 poses and 3 expressions, and I chose to do the angry face (which I imagine to be a cornerstone for this character since her story is about no one believing her) in some more rendered detail, though that part was not necessary.

Today's Task:




By the end of our session today 1 character sketch and story outline needs to be uploaded to the google classroom so we can engage in a critique session during tonight's zoom across the entire cohort. My outline includes 2 critical definitions that help tell my story: the backround on my character's inspiration/name, and what Climate Crisis means, since that is what her dreams/visions are about. Those kinds of definition of terms aren't necessary for yours, but can help provide context for your story to anyone who is engaging with it. Storyboards are also not necessary, I use them to back up my words here. I chose to create a working title (subject to change) and I have a name for my character - pieces I would strongly recommend to help scaffold your character and story.

*I didn't have time to backtrack and edit, I probably misspelled a few words etc - its ok to just get something in and move on or come back to it when we have more time. Yes, check your work, but it is ok if it isn't perfect or exactly as you wanted it yet.

I'm going to give you half an hour to get a character sketch onto a file and looking tidy, and then after that we are switching to mapping out the story. If you finish those things before we are done and have them uploaded to the classroom, then you can switch to working on any other the other pieces we are currently behind on. Please let me know when you have finished this part.


Tonight's Zoom: Click Here!




No comments: