Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Character Design @Chelsea CTE Week 11 - Character/Model Sheets

 

Character/Model Sheet Reference:







Requirements for your character sheet:

1 @ Fully rendered character - full body
3 @ Different poses/angles of your character
3@ Different (up close) facial expressions


My working example (will be updated):


In this image I am showing 2 different versions/takes on how to approach using a computer program to add depth and focus to your character's persona. The left image is a cleaned up version of my original drawing - Middle is just transparent colors dropped on top of my drawing (I do like to add dimensions with gradients, it feels like more is happening with less) - and the right one is mostly just layers of texture (some transparent, some not) collaged together to also add a sense of history and depth quickly.

The vibe each version gives off is quite different - I think of the middle one as being very New York style: polished with clean colors, no wrinkles and fresh kicks. The right one feels very much like the hippy town I grew up in, surrounded by swampland, wrinkly and rugged like she might be at home talking to alligators as much as other human beings. The other choices I am making in my story should help focus how I end up representing this character - she needs to look like she lives in the story and environment I have created.

How do you feel about the choices I've made in color and texture - knowing what her dreams look like from my previous environment study?


Finished Model Sheet:


No comments: