Saturday, April 22, 2017

Reverberations of those that brought us here

I.
When I was facing away
my back tingled like it was trying to see

Yielding to space implies an invitation

Like dough rising, the edges of my body were
A blend of space and skin

Yielding is not an abdication

If I wasn't hungry for attention
Looking away wouldn't be so painful



II.
Lines of force
A map drawn by connective tissue
The fabric of the body



III.
How we are running when we aren't
Wearing boots when we are not
Fighting when we aren't

Would I know myself without them?



IV.
Particularity becomes abstraction
The mouth is a space
Filled with appetites and qualities
of the voice
Words are boundaries, anchors
Words carry histories
That's why they work.


V.
A handrail over time accrues touches
Like a pearl has layers

What if we thought of talking as touching

How does one reach with words
How can I stand my own (ground, matrix of ideas)
How much connection can we take

And yet

Not talking is still saying something
Listening someone into being.







No comments: