Wednesday, July 26, 2017

time starts taking the back roads, avoiding sunsets & deep conversations

I.
The edge of the deck was just far enough out of alignment
that if we didn't correct the difference now, it would grow

I did what I have always done, sat down and leaned back
drew my knees to my chest to generate as much force in that
short distance between the steel frame of the deck
and my heels

Calcaneus
now I know its name
the bone resounding with a dull pain
and I suddenly understand
I ask it to do a job
far beyond its sophisticated relationship
with my body and gravity

how many parts of my body
have been called into battle
asked to be a hammer
rather then articulate

what else could it do but fall apart
voiceless
because I was too busy

busy doing everything but listening.










No comments: